JA802 – Night Porter/Manager
Location – Ballantrae, Ayrshire
Salary – £Competitive
Shifts – 2000 – 0800 4 on 3 off rotation
We are currently recruiting for a Night Porter/Manager for our client’s prestigious hotel in Ayrshire. The successful Night Porter/Manager who will be responsible for the smooth operation of the Hotel during the night to ensure high standards of guest satisfaction are consistently achieved.
- Taking part in a thorough handover to and from the Duty Manager.
- Ensuring that all aspects of night service are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.
- Providing a warm welcome to guests on arrival at check-in.
- Dealing with guest enquiries and resolving queries effectively.
- Ensuring that guest billing is accurate on check-out and payment is received on departure complying with hotel procedures.
- Ensuring that Room Service breakfast and newspaper orders are placed and delivered as required.
- Ensuring the night audit function is completed accurately on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that the Night Porter duties are completed to the required standard, addressing any issues appropriately.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with emails
- Ensuring all entrances to the hotel are locked at an appropriate time and full night security measures are followed for the safety of staff and guests.
- Ensure all hotel emergency/fire evacuation procedures are carried out in line with Health & Safety policy.
- Attending hotel training sessions and meetings, as required
- Communicating effectively with the Front of House Manager, who you will report to and ensure appropriate communication with the wider hotel team, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Hotel experience
- Night Porter/Manager experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of using a Front Office Management system.
- Ability to work night shift on a 4 on 3 off rota basis, including weekend work.