DC402 – NDE Operator
Location – Glenrothes
Salary – £14.70 per hour
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Non-destructive Evaluation (NDE) Operator to join their team in Glenrothes and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience, and would suit a self-motivated individual. The role of NDE Operator primarily involves undertaking non-destructive testing, the successful candidate will be expected to inspect, interpret, evaluate and report in accordance with recommended practice, set procedures, national and international specifications and standards.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday, permanent ‘day work’ position, but some flexibility will be required for shift and overtime work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visual Inspection.
- Magnetic Inspection.
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection.
- Ultrasonic Inspection.
- Hardness Testing.
- Ferrite Inspection.
- Thickness Measurements.
- Work to relevant procedures and specifications.
- Responsible for carrying out and recording daily, weekly, monthly validation checks.
- Responsible for the recording of results, with respect to interpreting, evaluation and providing a verdict on the results.
- Responsible for recording and reporting discrepancies, where necessary.
- Work under observation by clients and client-appointed inspection personnel.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to Level I personnel as required.
- Responsible for the calibration of equipment.
- Occasional involvement in technical meetings with client’s or client representatives to discuss and interpret NDE requirements.
- Occasionally write project specific practices.
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time-to-time to assist with the general operation of the facility.
- Provide NDT services to other parts of the Group from time-to-time as required.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified as a minimum to the level of PCN/ASNT Level II (essential).
- In accordance with the recommended practice, SNT-TC-1A which is acceptable to each of the following methods:
- — Magnetic Particle Testing: MT
- — Liquid Penetrant Testing: PT
- — Visual Inspection: VT
- — Ultrasonic Testing: 3.1 & 3.2 Weldments (Castings, Forgings & Wrought Products also desirable but not essential)
- Competent in using a desktop computer, and be fluent in the Microsoft Office suite of software to record, validate and issue appropriate inspection documents.
- Able to work as part of a team, and on your own using your own initiative.
- As part of the team culture, develop the skill sets and flexibility required to provide continuous improvement and customer focus.
- Must be flexible wherever possible to meet the company and customer requirements.
- Must be able to communicate with customers, customers’ representatives, external inspection authorities and with all levels of the organisation.
In return our client offers:
- An hourly rate of £14.70 per hour, with all overtime at x 1.75 – an additional premium of 14.53% will be made on all overtime hours and held in a fund for you to request at any time.
- A working week of Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (with 30 min unpaid lunch), Friday 08:00 to 13:00 – total 37 hours per week.
- Other benefits (TBC).