Multi Skilled Operative
JM36: Multi Skilled Operative
Location: Saleham, Ashford
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To safely operate the dredging and recovery plant, mobile and static plant for the production/handling of and sale of sand, gravel
- To be flexible in the role allowing cover for both dredging and static plant if required and to cover other quarries and sites as directed
- To operate plant to receive and despatch material
- To operate the site weighbridge system as required
- Safe and effective operation and maintenance of dredgers, barges and recovery plant, including routine checks, in line with Legislation, Company Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Safely operate mobile and static plants and carry out routine daily/weekly/monthly checks – In line with Legislation, Company Policy and Company Procedures (QHEST).
- Be flexible in working at other sites as required – In line with company requirements.
- Carry out routine plant and site checks – In line with Legislation, Company Policy and Procedure Requirements .
- To weigh vehicles and produce a legible sales docket which will provide the basis of invoicing or the collection of cash payment.
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks – In line with Legislation, Company Policy and Procedure Requirements.
- Report all accidents, incidents and defects to your immediate supervisor without delay – In line with Company Policy and Procedure Requirements.
- Keep tidy spillages to barges, dredgers, recovery plant, static plant, roads, stockpiles, weighbridge and site entrance.
- Maintain and work to SHE procedures – In line with Legislation, Company Policy and Procedure Requirements.
- Carry out instructions as issued by supervisor and/or manager.
- Unload material, Load lorries and service customers in a timely and professional manner.
- To safely supply and feed process plant and on site customers such as BCL.
- Inform supervisor immediately of any changes in material quality.
- Work efficiently as part of a team offering support and assistance when necessary.
This job outline covers the main/most frequent responsibilities and duties included in the job. Other reasonable duties will be expected from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (essential)
- Dredging/ Fixed & mobile plant operation.
- Able to operate the weighbridge system and produce speedy accurate tickets.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work with others and as part of a team.
- Awareness of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Able to work to company procedures & the requirements of legislation.
- Customer focussed & understands customer needs.
- Flexibility to work at other local sites if required.
- Ability to generate solutions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (desirable)
- Able to safely and efficiently operate equipment.
- Able to assist the site supervisor with paper work, completing spreadsheets as required.
- Experience in working in dredging, quarry, landfill, recycling or aggregates production role.
- Effective Health & Safety practices.
- Organisational skills Experience of operating dredgers, barges and a loading shovel in a busy yard.
- NVQ Level 2 (or working towards).
- Qualification in landfill and/or recycling – NVQ or equivalent (desirable).
PREVIOUS INDUSTRY/JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in operating mobile and static plant.
- Minimum 1 years experience in quarry operations and processing.
- Prior experience within a landfill and recycling role (desirable).