Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
JA713 – Shift Leader – Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location – South Kensington-London
Salary – £36K inclusive of shift allowance
Shifts – 4 on 4 off (4 days, 4 days off, 4 nights, 4 days off), 12hr shifts (0800-2000 & 2000-0800)
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Leader – Multi Skilled Service Engineer to join our client’s team in South Kensington, SW7. The successful candidate will be mechanically skilled with basic electrical & plumbing knowledge. The role is to Lead the maintenance team and carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) & Reactive Maintenance in accordance with the contract requirements on Mechanical, Electrical & water services. Mainly on AHUs, extract fans, E/L testing, covering call outs on other equipment to ‘make safe’ OOH; mainly in the South Kensington area, but likely to require some visits to other sites within London.
This role would suit an ex-military person of JNCO level looking to move into the Building Maintenance Industry and as such applications from suitable ex-military candidates are strongly encouraged.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness & cleanliness of the plant & associated areas.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health & Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To respond in a prompt & effective manner to any electrically & mechanically related reactive maintenance issues & help desk requests whilst on shift out of client’s working hours.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Mechanical experience/knowledge/qualification.
- Electrical experience/knowledge/qualification.
- Leadership/Supervisory Experience.
- Health & Safety Training.
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths & English or recognised equivalent.
- Full driving licence valid for driving in the UK.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Building Services Experience
- Basic Plumbing experience/knowledge.
- 17th or 18th edition IEE regulations BS 7671 certification
- Teamwork – actively contributes to the team & strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Communication – communicates clearly & concisely, impressing others & ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Risk Management – is aware on the impact of risk to themselves, their colleagues, the client & members of the public.
- Adaptability – is responsive & open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high standard of work, tidiness & cleanliness.
- Self-Motivation & Development– is confident in own ability & is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
- Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer & aims to deliver customer satisfaction.