Multi Skilled Engineer – Electrical
EJ687 – Multi Skilled Engineer – Electrical
Location: Central London
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
This role is a shift based position which will require the candidate to work on a 4 days on, 4 off rotation.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to a Shift Leader for undertaking electrical/mechanical works on a wide range of building services reactive and planned maintenance throughout the London Estate. The work is undertaken on a shift basis to ensure 24hr cove. All shift teams to be complementary with balance of electrical and mechanical support.
- To carryout duties in compliance with Policies and Procedures.
- To perform tasks in a professional manner to a suitable standard to meet both client and company expectations.
- To ensure that so far as is reasonably practicable the company reacts efficiently and effectively in line with client SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Customer focused service.
- High standard of planned preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Proactive involvement in the ongoing technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, suggestion of improvements where appropriate.
- Accurate recording and reporting of maintenance activity to ensure CAFM database is correctly updated.
- Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed by the Lead Technician, whilst ensuring work is executed in a safe and suitable manner.
- Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM’s and reactive work to SLA.
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes.
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the sites.
- Competent in operation of building services plant and equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of building services and proficient in maintenance of:
- Power, distribution and switching.
- Motors controls.
- Lighting systems.
- Stand by generators.
- Electrical test procedures and certification.
- Controls systems.
- Inverter operation and design.
- Fire alarm/PA systems.
- Understanding of health and safety issue relating to own work and site.
Skills and Qualifications:
- City & Guilds craft certificate/ONC etc.
- Recognised craft apprenticeship.
- Training certificate to IEE 18th Edition.
- Training courses appropriate to work area.
- Two years post apprenticeship experience in similar role.
- Comprehensive understanding of Building Services.
- C&G 2391 or equivalent desirable.
- Full in depth, intrusive security checks to be completed for successful candidate.
- Able to carry out planned and corrective maintenance works.
- Able to produce accurate reports on works carried out.
- Able to carry out testing/rewiring/installation works to 18th Edition IEE Regs.
- Able to use diagnostic equipment and work from technical manuals and drawings.
- Able to work off ladders and at heights.
- Able to identify visual plant defects, warning lights and indicators.
- Able to monitor and record plant performance.
Location: Central London