Motor Vehicle Teacher
FC21 – Motor Vehicle Teacher
Location – Leeds
Salary – £23,552 per annum DOE + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Motor Vehicle Teacher to deliver the Study Programme to disadvantaged learners at their education centre in Leeds.
We are in search of an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher who will work as part of the teaching team to ensure learners achieve the appropriate Motor Vehicle qualifications while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS check will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of lessons to learners at Level 1 and level 2, ensuring they gain qualification success.
• Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities and learning styles.
• Complete initial assessments of the learners’ skills within the subject.
• Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners’ progress and development.
• Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary.
• Act as company representatives at parents’ evenings, taster days and open days.
• Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in line with company policies.
• Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and equality and diversity policies are always followed, and concerns are reported accordingly.
• Experience in guiding a diverse group of learners through the requirements of an awarding body such as City & Guilds and AQA.
Skills and Experience:
• Level 2 English and Maths.
• Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above.
• Qualification in Motor Vehicle and relevant industry experience.
• IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable.