Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Building Service
JA700 – Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Building Services
Location – South Kensington-London
Salary – £34K inclusive of shift allowance
Shifts – 4 on 4 off (4 days, 4 days off, 4 nights, 4 days off), 12hr shifts (0800-2200 & 2200-0800)
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our client’s facilities maintenance team in London SW7. The successful candidate will be mechanical qualified with electrical skills. The role is to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Mechanical Services.
Mainly on AHUs, extract fans, covering call outs on other equipment to ‘make safe’ OOH; mainly in the South Kensington area, but likely to require some visits to other sites within London.
This role would suit an ex-military person looking to move into the Building Maintenance Industry and as such applications from suitable candidates are strongly encouraged.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical and mechanical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the mechanical and electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically and mechanically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- To coordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To coordinate visiting specialist subcontractors associated with mechanical and electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to callouts and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the mechanical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Mechanical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Repair of mechanical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilation Building Services.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- To attend monthly site meetings as required.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Like for Like replacements, Project works, FM Soft Services etc
Skills and Experience:
- ONC/HNC in mechanical engineering or recognised equivalent/experience.
- Experience in the Mechanical aspects of general building PPM schedules.
- Health and Safety Training.
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent.
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent.
- 17th/18th edition Level 3 City & Guilds Certificate 2391-10 in inspection, testing & certification of electrical installations to BS 7671 standard
- Experience in computer PPM management systems (Plan-on)
- Supervisory experience for future development
- The core support team competency framework for the position are:
- Teamwork – actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Commercial Awareness – understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
- Risk Management – is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high stan