MS189 – Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Mechanical Engineer.
To undertake general mechanical maintenance and installation work, and other maintenance works as required in accordance with good work practices, including industry recognised standards and regulations.
Also, to assist allied trades and contractors employed by the company.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, reactive repairs and installations on the mechanical systems, including non-FGAS HVAC, motors, pumps and the like; Report on findings and works undertaken.
- To work with the Works Supervisor and Gas Safe Engineer in planning completion of the CAFM Generated PPM programme and delivering allocated PPM maintenance tasks.
- To use the company’s CAFM System via a PDA or PC as appropriate for the administration of, and reporting on, reactive and planned maintenance works.
- To generate and hold hard and soft copies and keep chronologically filed maintenance certificates, COSHH sheets and other certification on the company’s CAFM system.
- Be familiar with the operation of plant, such as, air handling units, boilers, water heaters, pumps and motors and be able to carry out minor repairs and reports on maintenance requirements.
- To assist other trades and on an occasion assist in other areas of work within the Estates Department.
- To always comply with the company’s health and safety policy for the health and safety of staff, members and visitors.
- To undertake any such self-development and training as is appropriate to the post and within the capability of the post-holder.
- To carry out clerical duties, answering the telephone, taking messages and stocktaking when required.
- To present themselves for work punctually and dressed appropriately for the role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Able to demonstrate solid post-qualification experience in general mechanical engineering maintenance and installation works, and general plumbing, maintenance, and installation work.
- Able to work as part of a team in order to complete a project.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physically fit and able to work at height.
- Able to use own initiative with an aptitude for problem solving.