Mechanical & Electrical Estimator
MS159 – Mechanical & Electrical Estimator
Location: Camden, North London
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment is looking for a M&E Estimator in the Camden area.
This role will be working on multiple areas of the building services sector (district and communal heating reactive and maintenance, utilities distribution, electrical works).
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measuring and estimating.
- Remeasure bill of quantities.
- Document control.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Negotiating costs and prices.
- Attending sites for meetings and/or valuations as well as attending live sites to ensure works are within budgets.
- Develop and implement estimating and cost control strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Assist with preparation of tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, maintenance schedules and reactive cost analysis with the architect and/or the client.
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Help the Bid Writer to prepare tender specs & scopes documentation for general refurbs/fitouts and specialised equipment.
- Manage schedules of works and coordinate vendors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Provide or be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS check as per the Clients terms of employment.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience from a Contracting background or experience in M&E Estimator working within the M&E Building Services.
- Formal qualifications are not necessary, although an HNC/HND or similar in a building service-related qualification would be desirable.
- A proven track record in a similar position is essential.
- Commercial & residential experience required.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Mechanically or Electrically biased
- Able to produce own take offs and manage the whole estimating process.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Happy to attend all mid and post tender meetings.
- Experience of liaising with current and new clients
- Knowledge of updating tender documents via relevant system
- Experience of involvement in the complete cycle of tender processes.