M&E Superintendent (Civils project)
JS284 – Mech & Elec Superintendent (Civils Project)
Salary: £75,000 – £90,000 + benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are pleased to be supporting one of our clients in the recruitment for a Mechanical and/or Electrical Superintendents for a Major Civils project in London
Our client encourages applications from former service personnel, however all qualified candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Be a visible and notable leader of the plant and TBM maintenance crew, instruct and monitor that works is performed at the highest of standards providing best for project outcomes at all times.
- Coordinate, assign and supervise mechanical works and assist in solving problems encountered on the project; refer to plans for guidance in directing construction.
- Ensure all equipment is used for correct applications and correctly operated and adequate equipment and tools are available on site.
- Work with the Project Team to ensure the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environmental care are met and provide them with such information as is necessary to allow them to meet all statutory and legal requirements.
- Manage, order and co-ordinate the delivery, storage and maintenance of all materials, plant and equipment on site.
- Manage, order and co-ordinate delivery, storage of all spares parts and consumables required for the operation of all equipment.
- Allocation and monitoring of labour force, including mechanical and wider teams.
- Monitor workmanship of mechanical activities, identify potential quality control issues and apply necessary corrections to ensure works are executed to the highest of standards.
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximising progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Participate in preparation of, review and adhere to construction schedules, ensuring milestone and completion dates are met.
- Accurately complete shift reports as well as workshop, maintenance and safety recordkeeping.
- Keep detailed record of works undertaken and any variations for that work in enough detail to allow the commercial department to recover costs incurred.
- Coordinate with Engineers and Package Manager to plan sequence of activities with a minimum 3 to 6 week schedule planning.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors to ensure conformance with safety standards and technical specifications.
- Conduct daily briefing with the Team, explaining details of the activities and mentor less experienced foreman and crew members.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
- Direct, coach and support site teams (including subcontractors) on all tunnelling related activity to meet Contractual Obligations and achieve production targets.
- Lead regular site inspections in conjunction with appropriate management to ensure that the works are constructed correctly and safely in conformance with Codes of Practice, Method statements and risk assessments, providing reports to Senior Management and monitoring actions taken as a result.
- Supervise operatives/subcontractors and site activities, ensuring competence to perform required works.
Skills and Experience :
- 20 years’ experience in tunnelling activities.
- Past position of Mechanical OR Electrical Superintendent on a Tunnel Project Greater £200million.
- Preferable experience in either operating TBM’s and plant equipment related to tunnel sites.
- Knowledge of segmental lining tunnelling techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of working on smaller diameter tunnels.
- Experience of constructing tunnels greater than 4km in length.
- Extensive construction experience and experience working on a major tunnelling project.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a construction site.
- Experience of operating various Plant & Equipment.
- Ability to plan, schedule and assign work independently.
- Computer literate.
- Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements.
- Manage the performance of all employees assigned to you in accordance with legal requirements and procedures.
- Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed a