FC64 – Maths Teacher
Location – Leeds
Salary – £20,710 to £26,560 per annum DOE + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+5 hours paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Maths Teacher to deliver Maths to disadvantaged learners aged 16-19 years, at their education centre in Leeds.
We are in search of an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher who works with great enthusiasm to lead, support, and ensure learners achieve the appropriate Maths qualifications, alongside developing their employability, personal and social skills.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS check will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver training and support to 16-19-year olds on the company Study Programme (all ability levels from Entry Level to GCSE).
- Ensure all relevant young people achieve Functional Skills/GCSE qualifications.
- Develop resources and deliver training programmes to learners.
- Carry out initial assessments of the learners.
- Create support plans and regularly monitor these.
- Use resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring proper use and security at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in guiding a diverse group of learners through the requirements of an awarding body such as City & Guilds and AQA.
- Ability to identify preferred learning styles and engaging with difficult-to-reach young people.
- Level 4 teaching qualification (CET), or Level 5 teaching qualification (DET), or Cert Ed, or an equivalent qualification.
- Level 4 (or above) Maths specialism is essential.
- Previous experience in the delivery of Maths is essential.