Manufacturing Engineer Manager
JB10: Manufacturing Engineer Manager
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Primary Shop Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
The Primary Shop Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, scheduling, prioritising & monitoring of the Primary Shop production requirements and activities to ensure all internal & external customer requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the lean principles are embedded in the department and providing continuous improvement solutions
- Ensuring production efficiencies are communicated throughout the team and that they are met in line with staffing levels available.
- Ensuring staffing levels are reviewed periodically and action is taken to meet the forward production plan.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with Supervisor and Chargehands to ensure they are aware of production priorities and the schedule is being adhered to, in conjunction with the Production & Logistics Manager and the Factory Planner.
- Ensuring quality standards are communicated throughout the team and are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all health & safety requirements are communicated and adhered to.
- Managing day to day personnel issues within the department and ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner. These may include having difficult conversations, leading formal processes, recruitment & working with agencies, as well as managing the department’s annual leave in line with operational requirements. Additionally, ensuring that the performance appraisals timeline is followed.
- Promoting and maintain good housekeeping and ensuring the environment is safe and clean at all times.
- Ensuring that the team is performing their duties as required.
- Communicating effectively and coordinating with relevant parties on various initiatives.
- General departmental administration.
- Maintaining an inventory of raw materials and finished products.
- Purchasing needed inventory and maintaining BOM status.
- Plan and manage the departmental budget.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The Primary Shop features brake machines / folding machines, punch press, CNC machines, and welding. The ideal candidate should have knowledge and experience with some of these machines and be comfortable gaining experience across the department. Someone with a solid metal works background would be ideal for this role.
- Be experienced in people management and leading a team.
- Have experience in lean manufacturing and will embrace lean principles.
- Have understanding of production planning & scheduling.
- Understand ERP / MRP systems and have confidence in their ability to utilise our system (Syteline) effectively.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other Factory Managers.
- Build job knowledge across the department.
- Be confident in their ability to manage the general administration of the department, including use of Office 365.
- Be a strong team player with the ability to work with all levels across the business.
- Have an understanding of metal fabrication.
- Be organised and methodical in their approach.
- Be motivated, disciplined, flexible and have the ability to use their own initiative.
- Be an excellent communicator – both written & oral.
- Confidently evaluate situations and make decisions as required.