First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Mechanically Biased Maintenance Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Overhaul equipment to manufacturer’s/site standards in order to provide cost effective maintenance on site and keep all processes operational.
- Carrying out repairs/adjustments as required during routine and planned preventative maintenance.
- Identifying the cause of plant or equipment failure.
- Assist in site inspection/testing activities as required, within own area of competence.
- Work flexibly in all required areas of the site and in close co-operation with other members of the engineering team.
- Be responsible for ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained in their own activities, including the safe removal of all scrap engineering materials/general rubbish for their area of work.
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager.
Skills and Qualifications for the Maintenance Engineer:
- The position requires an individual with good Mechanical Maintenance Engineering skills, evidenced by qualifications and/or is time-served, and a hands-on approach.
- Good working knowledge of fitting and fabrication skills and techniques, pumps, pipework, electrical installations, single and three phase, hydraulic systems and plant/machinery, and will be able to pass on his skills to junior members of the team.