AR261 – Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Working as hands on Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing all site assets and proactively participating in safety improvements, costs reductions and process efficiency initiatives. You will be expected to lead by example and ensure the timely maintenance and repair of all plant and equipment on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out preventative and reactive maintenance, identifying and analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, resolving faults, finding root cause and preventing future issues.
- Technically support issues such as fault finding.
- Writing up of clear reports on the work undertaken as required.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with safe practices (Company SOPs and other relevant HSE legislation).
- Maintain a comprehensive record of machinery breakdowns and faults.
- Maintain an accurate and secure inventory of critical spares.
- As required and subject to training, operate toolroom machinery and equipment to support excess workload and / or absence.
- Where required liaise with suppliers and contractors to source replacement parts.
- Assist in other production areas as and when required.
- You will have responsibility for the mentoring and development of our apprentice maintenance engineer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working experience of Mechanical and Electrical maintenance.
- Knowledge of 3 phase motor and control systems.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- To be able to interpret schematic drawings and assist with fault finding.
- Have a good working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and safe electrical isolation.
- Mechanical/Electrical fault finding and analysis skills.
- Have good communication and organisational skills.
- Be a good problem solver and have a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the business.
- To be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Able to provide clear and concise information at all levels.
- To be able to clearly follow instructions and work in a methodical manner.
- Superb attention to detail and good concentration skills.
- Self-motivated, quick to learn and able to multi task.
- Good analytical skills (fault finding).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas, share technical information.
- City and Guilds/HNC level in Engineering Maintenance/5 year’s minimum relevant experience.
- Welding (MIG) and some fabrication.
- NEBOSH trained.
- Knowledge of 17th Edition.
- Counter balance fork truck licence.
- First aid.
- PC skills.
- Risk Assessments.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000