JA718 – Maintenance Assistant
Location – Culham, Oxfordshire
Salary – C£22.5K
Hours of works – 08:00 – 16:30, Monday to Friday with a half hour lunch break. There will be the opportunity of overtime at an enhanced rate.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to work as part of the building maintenance team. The successful candidate must have 5 years UK checkable work history/UK education and be able to gain DBS vetting.
The maintenance assistant is part of a multi disciplined Reactive and PPM Team who provide Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance across a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site. The Maintenance Assistant will provide support to the wider team where 2-man working is required. They will also carry out tasks such as, but not limited to; meter readings, L8 Flushing, and temperature monitoring. The maintenance Assistant will also accompany sub-contractors as and when required.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering Planned and Reactive Services across the clients’ site.
- Maintain Legislative documentation.
- Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience, ensuring that they are the centre of what the Company Deliver.
- Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and sub-contractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Facilities Equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
- Ensuring onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the tasks allocated to you.
- Escort specialist sub-contractors working on site as required
- Liaising with the relevant managers daily to confirm all works are going to plan and no delays.
- Provide feedback in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Complete ADHOC tasks as requested by line manager.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements along with SITE Specific Rules & Regulations.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to pass S/C Security Clearance (Job Offer Made Subject to Obtaining This)
- Driving License
- Can Do Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Previous experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Flexible approach to work and working hours outside of contracted hours
- Ability to work independently
- HSG L8
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.