MM618 – Machine Operator
Location – Nottingham
Rate – £9.50/hr plus essential overtime
Hours – 7 am to 4 pm with regular overtime paid at time and half
First Military recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Machine Operator to join their growing manufacturing team in Nottingham. Our client is one of the UK’s leading work surface manufacturers. They are a busy, vibrant company who have worked throughout the pandemic with no redundancies and are continually expanding.
- Operating a semi automatic beem saw, basic programming of the operation is cutting sheet laminate and chipboard
- To work as part of a team to ensure the efficient free flow of production.
- Ensure the production line is running at full potential and is free flowing, dealing appropriately with interruptions in work tasks.
- Make efficient decisions regarding material and machinery issues.
- All machinery and tools are used and maintained in the correct manner.
- Ensure defects and missing tools are reported immediately.
- Achieve targets set.
- All production is carried out to specification and as requested.
- Adopt safe methods of work and ensure compliance with general housekeeping and safe systems of work.
- Communicate with colleagues and management teams to ensure problems are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Ensure accurate completion of production paperwork for submission as necessary.
- Follow quality standards set and monitor rejects as required.
- Participate in and continually improve quality standards.
- Produced cover elsewhere on the shop floor where necessary.
- Ensure you comply with company procedures and policies at all times.
- Take a pro-active and participative role in the running of the company by making recommendations for improving efficiency/fault finding/problem solving/reducing downtime.
- Co-operate with the company in ensuring all health and safety policies are followed.
- Must have some machinery knowledge/experience – all training will be given
- Must be physically fit and mechanically minded
- Must be pro active
- Help keep the shop floor clean and tidy
- Follow all company policies and health and safety procedures at all times
- Worked in the wood working/cutting machinery before
- Worked with glue rollers
- Some health and safety training
- Good with paperwork
In return our client offers
- Salary of £9.50/hr basic plus regular overtime paid at time and half
- Regular reviews of pay rate
- 28 days holidays
- Christmas Shutdown
- Stability and security in an established business
- A company who will invest in training and development