M & E Manager ( Civils )
JS276 – M & E Manager ( Civils )
Salary: Circa £70,000 + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are pleased to be supporting one of our key clients in the recruitment of Mechanical & Electrical Manager for a major Civils project in South London.
To support the Senior Leadership Team in the headhouses and M&E section of the project, ensuring that the scope of works is designed, procured, delivered and commissioned in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
Our client encourages applications from former service personnel, however all qualified candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Supporting Senior Leadership team in management of project Headhouses & M&E contract
- Management of a team during the pre-construction, construction and subsequent phases of the project.
- Internal and external (Client, Associated Works Contractors, 3rd Parties etc.) interface management.
- Ensures appropriate staff are allocated to the right tasks based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Offer visible leadership, guidance, direction and instruction to the team.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant, Subcontractors and Materials.
- Ensure that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with quality, environmental and H&S procedures and all appropriate legislation.
- Interface with all other functional/support department leaders within project to facilitate successful development of the project from design stage through to construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the client.
- Ensure works are planned, managed and delivered in a safe, controlled and environmentally sustainable manner.
- Input into and selection of appropriate design and methodology solutions to deliver project requirements in conjunction with relevant departments (e.g. Design & Technical).
- Ensure a strong culture for project ethos as well as actively promote engagement with the CDP programme.
- Identify issues and ensure they are resolved in a controlled and timely manner.
- Review and sign off of documentation in accordance with project procedures.
- Lead the identification, assessment and documentation of risks and opportunities.
- Develop and implement action plans to reduce the impact of risks and develop and implement realisation plans to enhance the benefit of opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with the Client and other project stakeholders (internal and external).
- Ensure the requirements of the contract are understood and adhered to by the project team.
- Lead the review of project controls information to facilitate the timely identification of any issues or areas of concern.
- Ensuring the project performance is reported in a transparent and accurate manner.
- Ensure suppliers and sub-contractors (including designers) are managed and co-ordinated appropriately.
- Ensure objectives are achieved and project is delivered in accordance with agreed scope, timeframe, budget and quality standards.
- Plan and monitor all project related activities throughout effective programming of the works in liaison with the planning department. Responsible for ensuring an operational programme is maintained for their section of the works, as well as ensuring daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements are met.
- Manage budget to agreed targets or better.
- Monitor costs and provide the senior management with timely identification of deviations from budgets handed over.
- Ensure that all required temporary works documents, including briefs, designs and method statements / risk assessments, are produced and approved in accordance with the programme requirements and prior to works commencing.
- Ensure disallowed cost throughout the project are minimised.
- Support community and environment requirements by ensuring workforce is aware of project requirements, liaise with Skill & Employment Manager or Environmental Manager where necessary.
- Promote and share lessons learnt, innovation and best practices.
Skills and Experience :
- Experience on National Grid projects (desirable).
- Experience of Nation