Logistic & Warehouse Manager
JS258 Logistics & Warehouse Manager
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Logistics and Warehouse Manager on behalf of one of our expanding clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day Logistics, Warehousing and Operations for the business.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged however all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full control of overall warehouse facility with the support of the current warehouse manager.
- Along with senior staff create and implement a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers in the logistics area.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Insure overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees.
- Report key results to SMT.
- Engage with SMT in broader organisational strategy planning.
- All building and site maintenance.
- Responsibility for all Health & Safety matters both routine documentation and any issues that occur on site.
- Responsibility for implementing projects.
- This person should treat the logistics function as a cost and profit centre and try hard with the management team to maximise the use and benefit of the site however possible.
- Spend categories to be the responsibility of this person (freight, couriers etc).
- Responsible for ensuring we introduce simple but robust practises for holiday booking.
- HR responsible for all warehouse and logistics staff working with the finance team to ensure we have everyone correctly documented, paid, and all HR related matters are removed as much as possible from the senior teams agenda.
- Daily operational reviews of departments to ensure staff are occupied and well managed.
- Our new employee would be expected to Manage a team and future proof the logistics in the business.
- Look for efficiencies and develop the most suitable work format; whatever that may be.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to promote maximum site efficiency.
- An understanding of operational cost drivers and cost centre management.
- Lateral thinking to solve problems and a flexible approach to satisfy customer service.
- Health and Safety experience is a must.
- Excellent communication skills.