Lecturer in Motor Vehcles
Lecturer (Motor Vehicle)
Salary – £Competitive
Our client South Essex College are looking to recruit a Motor Vehicle Lecturer, you can apply via this advert or directly via this link https://jobs.southessex.ac.uk/rEcruit/Recruitment/Vacancies.aspx
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment ensuring all learners meet or exceed their predicted outcomes and achieve their full potential. To ensure the needs of learners are met by providing a stimulating and supportive environment and taking responsibility for learner progress and welfare.
- To maintain accurate records and track learner progress ensuring you are complying with the requirements of the College, Awarding Organisations, and professional bodies.
- To contribute to the success of the College and department by working as part of a team and contributing to delivery, monitoring, tracking and development activity.
1. To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment, including the development of relevant resources.
2. Ensure learners are engaged and motivated to learn through active teaching and learning strategies that are learner centred.
3. To act as personal tutor to learners, working on a one to one and group basis, recording and monitoring learner attendance and progress and working with other lecturers to identify and support those learners at risk of non-completion of their programme.
4. To act as a course team leader, coordinating and leading the delivery, assessment, verification, validation and curriculum development.
5. Set and mark learners’ work, examinations, assessments and assignments keeping accurate records to track learner progress.
6. To contribute to completion of the course level SAR and identify and implement actions for improvement.
7. To act as an internal verifier and undertake internal verification in line with Awarding Organisation and College requirements as appropriate and work with the Quality and Assessment Manager to ensure effective IQA.
8. Attend/lead and take an active part in programme team meetings
9. To support and contribute to the planning and delivery of English and maths as appropriate.
10. Contribute to the marketing and promotion of courses, including attendance at open events throughout the year.
11. Assist in planning and accompany UK and overseas residential study visits.
12. Achieve appropriate targets agreed with your line manager including learner welfare, recruitment, attendance, retention, success rates, value added and high grades.
13. Ensure the safeguarding, health, safety and welfare of all learners in all aspects of your role liaising with Learner Support Services as necessary.
14. Liaison with parents/guardians of learners including at parents’ evenings.
15. Be familiar with profiles of learners with complex / high needs liaising with ALS to ensure academic needs are met. Regularly report on their progress and academic targets and contribute to reports for Local Authority review meetings
16. Ensure compliance with study programme guidelines including monitoring and tracking of learner progress and planning support and interventions where necessary.
17. Utilise departmental and College data to plan improvement in learner outcomes, ensuring accurate information is entered onto the College systems.
18. To always promote and support appropriate standards of learner behaviour.
19. Engage with and take part in the professional practice process and use observation feedback to improve teaching practice.
20. Maintain up to date knowledge of developments within industry, and contribute to planning new curriculum, course design and development.
21. Liaise with employers, training providers, trade associations, parents, schools, collaborative partners, and other bodies on learner vocational and curriculum issues, as appropriate.
22. Collaborate with colleagues across the College to develop and enhance learner experience and grow new provision.
23. Embed equality and diversity in all aspects of your role.
24. Undertake such other duties commensurate with the post as reasonably required, you may be required to be trained to administer First Aid and conduct Fire Marshal duties.
25. To adhere to all the College’s policies and processes including, but not limited to Safeguarding, GDPR, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety. Policies are available for staff and training will be mandatory f