Lead M&E Engineer
JA930 – Lead Engineer
Location – Central London
Salary – £37,142.00 per annum
Hours of work 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. 1-hour unpaid break
Vehicle/Travel Company Van in line with grade or Zone 1-6 Travel-card
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Engineer for an existing portfolio of commercial sites in Central London, predominantly The City & West End. The successful candidate should be enthusiastic with either a mechanical or electrical maintenance background to complement the Operations team.
- Responsible for field activities across a geographical portfolio of buildings.
- Assist Customer Service Team with the following regarding your portfolio:
- Triage call-outs and assign call-out engineers
- Managing the repair schedule
- Arranging sickness cover
- CAFM system responsibilities
- Ensure all site paperwork; including hard copy site manuals and eLogbooks/CAFM systems are kept up to date.
- Be responsible for clear and accurate reporting of site conditions to the Contracts Manager and Customer Service Team. Making sure plant rooms and other areas used by the Company are clean, tidy and rubbish removed.
- Updating and implementation of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Providing planned maintenance service to a selection of properties.
- Assisting with reactive calls and site cover for buildings within designated region where appropriate.
Represent the Company by:
- Always protecting the company’s interests.
- Leading by example.
- Ensuring your appearance and manner appropriately represent the Company.
- Ensure all duties conform to Company Health & Safety Policies and handbook guidelines.
Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of M&E systems within commercial properties.
- Good literacy and numeric skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Technology literate including MS Office, Laptop/tablet.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to Multitask
- Able to work in a varied and sometimes pressurised environment.
- City & Guilds Level 3/NVQ in Mechanical or Electrical discipline.
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection & testing.
- BS7671:2018 – 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
External Training Provided:
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Supervisors Course
- Customer Service
Internal Training Provided:
- Shadowing Contract Manager during client meetings.
- Mentoring by Regional Manager.
- Tools Provided:
- Company mobile for business use.
- Company Tablet/Laptop
- Specialist tools required to fulfil role.
- Hours of work 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- 20 days holiday rising per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Company pension scheme
- Private Healthcare (Eligible after 3 years’ service)
- Death in Service (Applicable after 1 years’ service)
- Auto Enrolment into Company Pension – Employer contribution 4%
- Expenses paid for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred
- Company uniform and PPE supplied