MS27 – Lead Driver
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Lead Driver to join a growing and successful company located in Wellingborough. This position has the responsibility of meeting & exceeding the company standard operating procedures while obtaining client satisfaction. This role reports to the Record Centre Supervisor.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all driver debriefs and exceptions are dealt with and if there are any issues that arise from de-brief they are communicated to the relevant department.
- Review driver performance in line with route planning and route monitoring.
- Close all transport related orders, correctly and daily.
- Any speeding or traffic offences that have been highlighted are discussed with the drivers at debrief and relevant paperwork is completed and sent National Transport Manager.
- Help unload/load trucks/vans from Hub trunk vehicles and ensure all items have been received from relevant Record Centre
- Refiles or New items are returned on the day of collection and sent on correct Hub vehicle. Any discrepancies are also communicated to the relevant record centre.
- Any supply orders are made ready for the following days deliveries.
- All Thurrock orders are routed and uploaded to scanners and all items are in designated area for the Thurrock routes.
- To have knowledge of all Thurrock driver routes.
- Housekeeping of the Record Centre is maintained free of debris, notify Ops Manager/RC Supervisor of any issues for example any lighting defects or H&S concerns.
- Complete daily paperwork before leaving for the day.
- Handover email needs to be sent day shift Supervisor prior at the end of each shift.
- Ensure building is secure and all alarm systems are set before leaving.
- Ensure Rush work orders are processed timely and accurately.
- Comply with daily maintenance and safety checks of all record centre vehicles and equipment.
- Help unload/load trucks/vans.
- Perform auditing per schedule or as requested.
- Process destruction orders per schedule or as requested.
- Cover staff holidays/other absences.
- Adhere to all company policies and complete all mandatory training modules.
- Report any potential or actual security, environmental or health and safety incidents to your line manager and / or the OASIS Compliance team as soon as you become aware of them
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a Multi Drop operation service delivery role preferably within the document management industry.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Flexibility to work between teams.
- Routine lifting, bending, and overhead stretching.
- Routine scanning of materials.
- Routine Pushing and pulling boxes and pallet jacks.
- Ability to operate forklift and/or pick lift (training will be provided).
Salary: £10.50 per hour