Key Account Manager
DC366 – Key Account Manager [Life Science/Pharmaceutical/Environmental Sustainability]
Location – Macclesfield
Salary – circa £50,000 to £60,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client, who are leaders in sustainability solutions for the Life Science industry, to recruit an experienced Key Account Manager to join their team in Macclesfield.
The Key Account Manager will be instrumental to the ongoing growth and success of the company and will identify, develop, and grow targeted key clients providing a solution suite across a range of utility systems. The successful candidate ideally will have a background in utilities engineering and/or energy management with a proven sales track record or is working within an international business development role and can demonstrate an excellent business development portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent position with hybrid working. Initially office-based until the successful candidate is fully conversant with the role, thereafter it will be primarily home-based with the expectation of significant travel (including overseas) for client meetings, conferences, and business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities [extract]:
- Key point of contact for existing key clients, globally building relationships at site team level and above.
- Develop trusted relationships with a portfolio of major key clients.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of strategic customer needs, requirements, and long-range plans.
- Understand fully company products, services and strategy, and map to client requirements.
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by engaging at senior level to understand core objectives and proposing solutions that meet these.
- Investigate and understand customers problems to identify new business opportunities.
- Prepare project proposals and costs to meet customer objectives, and follow up on all proposals to maintain current status in CRM.
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner and of high quality.
- Take on the role of customer representative in the business and serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- Represent the customer’s best interest.
- Keep up-to-date with project progress for your customers and step in to provide direction to delivery team regularly and as required.
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and proactively address complaints to maintain and build trust.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales with key accounts and new business accounts that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics.
- Attend conferences to promote the company through multiple activities including key speaker slots to drive industry awareness and expertise.
- To deal with all customers, suppliers and members of the public in a positive, helpful and professional manner, ensuring the company image of service excellence and quality standards are portrayed at all times.
Skills and Experience [extract]:
- Be already working as a Global KAM or Business Development executive, ideally within the life science/pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience of selling consulting services and/or equipment solutions into the Life Science sector.
- Previous experience in environmental sustainability and capital equipment projects.
- Be driven by a desire to continuously improve and make a significant contribution to limit the impact of climate change through identifying and implementing energy efficiency actions whilst driving a solid commercial performance within the business.
- Able to demonstrate excellent sales development experience and success of key account management within a growing company.
- Have a relevant professional qualification and show a willingness to develop further to support the business strategy.
- Able to demonstrate a proven record of successful business development from lead generation through to ongoing client and revenue development.
- Excellent presentation skills to share relevant business information in a logical, understandable, and compelling way that supports client strategy.
- Ability to effectively negotiate gains from both company and client perspective to maintain a positive rela