IT Project Manager
CP4 – Technical Project Manager (IT) – 12 month contract
First Military Executive Recruitment are seeking an IT Technical Project Manager on behalf of one of our prestigious clients.
The Project Manager (IT) is required to deliver the integration of several chat applications and capabilities across multiple Defence infrastructure hosting environments, at multiple security domains at both fixed and deployed sites.
This is a 12 month contractual role, with the potential to extend, starting in October 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
- Work with Stakeholders to manage deployment of chat applications on hosting infrastructures.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks for delivery of chat capabilities.
- Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed.
- Project manage all aspects of specific work packages.
- Work with Stakeholders to ensure design, delivery, technical build and testing requirements etc are managed and delivered.
- Working with the Design team to secure stakeholder sign off at all stages.
- Develop stakeholder communication and management plans.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as a Technical IT Project Manager in a similar organisation.
- Experience of working with C4ISR or related applications.
- Experience of dealing with remote groups of stakeholders and managing expectations and communications between disparate groups.
- Knowledge and experience of MOD risk management and scheduling process.
- IT literate with experience using project management tools and applications such as EPM, ARM, ADAM etc.
- Ability to analyse and comment on technical design documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work as a team with organisation and other suppliers.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions.
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes.
- Take responsibility for their work.
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Be comfortable standing up for their discipline.
- Can work with clients with low technical expertise.
- Experience of Chat applications.
- Experience of working within a Defence related environment.
- Experience of liaising with industry partners.
- Ability to gather, analyse and present accurate, consistent message to senior management boards.