Internal Quality Assurer (IQA)
JM34: Internal Quality Assurer (IQA)
Location: Remote with travel to Blandford as required
Contract: Permanent full-time, Monday-Friday 37 hours per week.
Part-time (pro rata) applications also considered.
The role of an IQA is to deliver fair, consistent and expert Internal Quality Assurance of end-point assessment of the HM Forces Serviceperson L2 Apprenticeship Standard, as per the assessment plan available at the IfATE website. The successful candidate will deliver feedback on assessments carried out by Platoon/Troop Commanders (“Assessors”) within the Infantry and Royal Armoured Corp and have served at a level that will have equipped them with the skills to do so. They should have military background serving with the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (Including Reservists and ACF instructors).
1. To carry out the internal quality assurance processes in accordance with our client and Awarding Bodies’ procedures, providing constructive feedback on assessment judgements where necessary.
2. To keep accurate records of assessment and internal quality assurance ready for inspection.
3. Maintain internal quality assurance sampling tracking sheets ensuring that assessment methods and supporting evidence can be cross referenced against end-point assessments.
4. Sample portfolios on an ongoing basis across the range of assessors, learners and relevant qualifications.
5. To assist in the preparation of and participate in External Verification visits, Internal Audit and Ofqual audits and Inspections.
6. Attend and contribute standardisation meetings as required; to attend at least two standardisation meetings annually and ensure that best practice is extrapolated across the company.
7. Ensure a consistent approach to the internal quality assurance process is carried out in accordance with the Partnership internal quality assurance Strategy across the sector.
8. Liaise directly with the Quality & Compliance Manager and Contract Manager on any quality and compliance issues that may arise.
9. Plan and deliver Assessor training and standardisation.
10. Attend Awarding Organisation standardisation conferences and seminars to gain information on updates, new practices and procedures.
11. To evolve existing qualifications, documentation, practices and procedures across the company, working in close liaison with the sector EPA Coordinators, Contract Manager and the Quality & Compliance Manager.
1. Develop and maintain an understanding of our clients internal policies and processes
2. Develop knowledge of our clients products and services
3. Efficiently and accurately use electronic diary programme and office software
4. Manage own data entry: inputting, filing, and monitoring
5. Liaise with other departments to facilitate a smooth customer journey
6. Be committed to Health and Safety awareness inclusive of Safeguarding and Prevent
7. Carry out any other duties as directed within the general nature and character of the post
8. To always represent the Company in a professional and competent manner
9. To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time
This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities and duties and is in no way intended to restrict any individual in the performance of other duties as required by the company.
The job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in the context of organisational and developmental changes.
A military background serving with the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (Including Reservists, ACF instructors)
Have or be prepared to work towards an IQA / V1 / D34 (or equivalent) qualification
Served in Armed Forces for a minimum of 5 years.
Skills/Abilities – Interpersonal:
Possession of good communication skills, written and oral.
The ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals at all levels.
The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as autonomously when necessary.
Skills/Abilities – Other:
Good analytical skills
The ability to problem solve, either alone or within a Team environment.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Diplomacy and tact.
Ability to prioritise ow