JM56: Internal Auditor
Location: Milton Keynes (or Cambridge, Leicester, Bury St. Edmonds, Chelmsford)
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Due to a rapid expansion of client work in the Risk Assurance team and in particular with their most prestigious client, our client is looking to recruit a further internal auditor into their Internal Audit team. The intention is that the appointee will be dedicated to their prestigious client for an initial period of twelve months, gaining significant experience of managing internal audit reviews of many financial services lending institutions, such as high street banks and other lenders. After the initial twelve months the appointee would move into the wider Internal Audit Risk Assurance team, and as part of the wider team, be involved in the delivery of internal audit services to a wide range of clients, across the not for profit and corporate sectors.
The ideal candidate will have good people skills and be comfortable working either alone or as part of a team on audit reviews and dealing with clients. With a relevant internal audit or accountancy qualification, or perhaps working towards one, the ideal candidate will be an experienced internal auditor, who can really hit the ground running. Alternatively, we can offer training support for internal audit or accountancy qualifications subject to having our required academic qualifications.
The Internal Audit team sits within the Risk Assurance service line and delivers outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services to over 500 corporate and not for profit sector clients including many household names and large government departments. Around 220 people strong, the team also works with one of our clients largest clients and it is working with this client where the appointee will initially spend most of their time.
About the job:
You will be responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits either remotely or at client’s sites, in accordance with our Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual, or as part of a team you will be delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.
- Perform and control assignments leading on assignment planning, conduct and control of fieldwork and reporting findings in accordance with our standards per the Internal Audit Manual.
- Lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance.
- Provide job training, guidance and feedback for more junior auditors.
- Prepare draft reports and audit files to high quality standards that require only minor amendment for manager review.
- Hold opening meetings and debrief meetings with clients for reviews undertaken as the lead.
- Perform the review of more complex systems with supervision from client manager.
- Undertake follow-up review work in respect of previously raised findings.
- Assist the Client/Senior Manager in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- Participate in the firm’s appraisal and development process.
- Any other duties as required by the Client Manager.
- Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in an equivalent position in a professional services firm or similar function within a financial services firm. You will be technically proficient in executing and leading reviews in accordance with IIA standards.
- The ideal candidate will also have a good knowledge of individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work and be able to support other team members as required to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and internal audit standards.
- A true team player, you will take pro-active responsibility for your own development, which our client will support you in, as well as being able to train, coach and develop team members as required.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, CMIAA or on the way to completing such. Alternatively, we can offer training support for ACA, CIA, CMIAA subject to meeting our required academic criteria.
- High standard of written and verbal communication.
- Team Player.
- Access to a car and full driving licence (travel to client sites may be expected post the coronavirus pandemic).
- Some overnight stays away from home may be necessary to enable delivery of client work.