Internal Audit Assistant Manager
JM60: Internal Audit Assistant Manager
Location: London EC4
The successful candidate will manage/work in an Internal Audit & Controls team in conjunction with Partners/Directors/Senior Managers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of complex technical internal audit programmes, advisory projects, or controls assignments at clients’ sites in accordance with the Firm’s Standards. They will also support Partner/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management and business development, including networking events, developing client relationships, and leading on proposals for new business.
Brief Job description:
- Work as part of a delivery team on Internal Audit, Advisory and Controls projects, as required.
- Manage agreed client portfolio delivering a client audit/controls/advisory programme, ensuring that the work is completed to time and budget, providing solutions on any issues as appropriate to the Senior Managers/Director/Partner.
- Develop progress papers and annual reports for clients/Audit Committees prior to Senior Manager/Director/Partner review and sign off.
- Represent the Firm as required, including attendance at client meetings, attendance at networking events and relevant industry group meetings and seminars and other forums as deemed appropriate.
- Where leading a team, ensure the effective development, planning and utilisation of team members in line with the budgets for the business and/or client engagements and monitoring effectiveness and quality of work through robust review processes.
- Deal with day-to-day team matters, including feedback on performance on the job, assisting in PDRs and where relevant the recruitment process, team welfare and H&S.
- Build lasting client relationships developing additional work opportunities at new clients or new work at potential clients.
- Support the Partners/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management initiatives including robust risk management for project, opportunity management and monitoring (including preparing and participating in tender presentations), timely and accurate invoicing, assisting in developing new services, methodologies and innovative solutions.
- Previous experience of working in internal audit. Gained the necessary experience within Internal Audit or controls projects and in advisory/consulting on risk & control, working within not for profit sector or corporate sectors.
- To have excellent technical knowledge of the internal audit process, control requirements such as SOX, individual subjects, and sector issues relevant to your work
- Ability to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards
- To provide support as required to team members
- To understand the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet clients’ needs
- Identification and pro-active management of own training and development needs
- Effective use of IT including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, audit and accounting packages, Outlook.
- Maintains and promotes high professional standards of conduct and practice and demonstrates commitment to the Firm’s policies and standards.
- Anticipates the impact of key developments within the relevant client sectors to manage overall commercial risk.
- Applies knowledge of services, industry, markets, and core client base, promoting and co-ordinating additional services provided to clients and targets.
Communication (oral, electronic, written):
- Oral – able to express ideas and information with clarity and confidence, especially when communicating with clients
- Good working relationship with clients to understand their needs and requirements
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others
- Listening – demonstrate the ability to listen, evaluate and apply information gained
- Written – prepare draft reports and technical working papers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Gain confidence and respect of colleagues and clients
- Share own experience and expertise with others
- Encourage teamwork and develop leadership skills
Commitment /Attitude to work:
- Take responsibility for resolving issues by either dealing with i