Industrial Sewing Machinist
MM567: Industrial Sewing Machinist
Salary: £20000 – £22000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our global client to recruit an Industrial Sewing Machinist to join their team in Denham.
To work as part of the team to assemble, cut and stitch all fabric and webbing parts required for Seat Assembly and survival aid containers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow technical drawings and build plans to manufacture components from appropriate fabrics using industrial sewing machines/
- Use templates to cut and mark fabric prior to sewing.
- Monitor imperfections in material or threads referring them to the Cell Leader for resolution/
- Monitor the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment e.g. Sewing Machines and cutters referring problems to the Cell Leader for resolutions so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the Department and associated areas are maintained in an efficient clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working on industrial sewing machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Working to verbal instructions on development jobs where drawings do not yet exist.
- Basic Computing skills.
- Understand weft and weave.
- Simple maintenance of sewing machines- changing needles etc.
In return our client offers:
- Competitive Salary £20000 – £22000 DOE
- 37hr working week with 12 noon finish on Fridays
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- The equivalent of 25 days annual leave and 8 statutory holidays
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)
- Our own on-site occupational health team
- Annual appraisal and development process for all employees
- Great working environment