ICT Project Manager
JS311 ICT Project Manager
Salary: Circa £75,000 + Bonus
First Military Executive Recruitment is currently working with a well renowned organisation in the recruitment for an ICT Project Manager.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Data Programme Manager, Data Solutions Architect and Data Business Analyst in a new data team in ICT. The role provides a challenging opportunity for an experienced Project Management professional to ensure the successful end to end delivery of data projects.
This role sits within the ICT Programme Delivery team who are responsible for:
- Delivery of Programmes and Projects
- Administration of Programme delivery
- Progress, pipeline and demand management of all ICT projects
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ICT Project Delivery team has aligned key skills required for this role to the industry standard Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) V7. It is assumed that candidates are competent in all skill levels lower than the ones defined for this role.
The ICT Project Manager is accountable and responsible for aspects of the following key service process:
- Business Change Implementation: Project Management: SFIA Code: PRMG; SFIA Level 5
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines).
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders.
- Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
Business Change Implementation: Benefits Management: SFIA Code: BENM; SFIA Level 5
- Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time.
- Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change programme and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
- Supports operational managers to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realisation of the benefits of each part of the change programme.
Systems Development: Systems Development Management: SFIA Code DLMG: SFIA Level 5
- Defines systems development projects which support the organisation’s objectives and plans. Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources.
- Facilitates availability and optimum utilisation of resources.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
- Develops road maps to communicate future development activity.
Skills Management: Learning & Development Management: SFIA Code ETMG: SFIA Level 5
- Manages the provision of learning and development, ensuring optimum use of resources.
- Maintains, publicises and promotes catalogue of learning and development activities.
- Ensures that courses are up to date and accredited (when required).
- Arranges facilities and schedules with learning and development providers as appropriate.
Stakeholder Management: Relationship Management: SFIA Code RLMT; SFIA Level 5
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates c