JA635 – HGV Mechanic/Technician
Location – Inverness
Salary – Up to £14/hour DOE , £15 shift allowance (back shift) O/T paid at 1.5 time
Shifts – 7am – 4pm and 1pm – 10pm
Voluntary overtime on every shift and Saturday 0800 – 1200
We are currently recruiting for an HGV Mechanic/Technician to join our clients busy workshop team. The successful candidate will hold a professionally recognised qualification in HGV Maintenance with experience og repairing HGV, LGV and trailers. The successful candidate will report to the Workshop Manager/Foreman.
- Perform planned and reactive maintenance on vehicles to achieve defined standards of safety and reliability. You are required to ensure vehicles are prepared adequately for annul MOT tests and ensuring that all service and MOT records are kept up to date and legally compliant.
- Inspect, diagnose faults, service and repair vehicle fleet and equipment directly.
- Complete vehicle check lists and maintain comprehensive records on the condition of vehicles and plant and on the work performed on each asset.
- Report any incidents, accidents and major defects to line management without delay.
- Liaise closely and communicate with management to perform tasks efficiently and effectively with the minimum of wasted time and effort.
- Assist with the administration of the depot workshop in accordance with instructions.
- Attend staff and training meetings when required.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced HGV mechanic with a professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
- Qualified – City and Guilds Level 3 HGV or equivalent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Work consistently to high standards of health and safety.
- Good organising and planning skills to ensure work programmes are followed.
- Good communication skills.
- IRTEC Licence holder desired (Inspection Technician Accreditation) or similar professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle Inspection.
- Be conversant with the DVSA produces annual test inspection manuals, which give details of inspection methods and pass/fail criteria.
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatic and electrics would be an advantage.
- Reliable and responsible.