MM678 – HGV / Plant Fitter Vacancy
Location – York
Salary – Average Earnings £32110
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced HGV /Plant Fitter to work in a busy workshop environment on a permanent contract. The successful candidate will be part of a small team responsible for maintenance, servicing and inspection on the company’s fleet of vehicles and machinery.
Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed individual will work on a range of vehicles which will include Artic Tankers, Rigid Tankers, DISABs, JetVacs and Trailers to focus on the plant side of the vehicles.
- Some of the key responsibilities for the HGV/Plant Fitter will include:
- Carrying out servicing and repair work, ensuring these are up to DVSA standards.
- Preparing and presenting vehicles for MOT
- Fault find and carry out maintenance/breakdown as and when appropriate
- Being responsible for ensuring all documentation is in place and carried out to the very highest standards.
- Identifying parts that may be required to be order when needed.
- Being responsible for ensuring the Garage Workshop is kept safe and tidy at all times – and ensuring that tools are cleaned and well maintained. Own tools must be
- The ideal candidate for the HGV/Plant Fitter role will have the following background:
- Experience working as HGV Fitter or HGV Technician in a workshop environment and qualified HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or
- Consideration would be given to a Plant Fitter
- A full driving licence is a must for this role; a commercial licence is required (Either Class C or 2) would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to carry out maintenance and repair work.
- Be a team player and enjoys working with others.
- Well qualified and has a thorough knowledge/understanding of DVSA standards.
- Previous experience working in a commercial environment will also be useful.
The role will be based on the outskirts of York.
Basic working hours are 40 per week with overtime availability.
In return our client offers:
- £13/hr, overtime £19.50/hr
- In addition, our client provides membership to Health Shield who provide a range of plans reimbursing employees for the costs of everyday healthcare, such as optical, dentistry, prescriptions, innoculations, etc. Health Shield also provide counselling services and GP Anytime access to our employees, all paid for by the Company.
- Holidays are 28 per annum, including bank holidays, rising to 32 with service related additional leave.
- Life insurance (4 x annual basic salary).