AR105 – HGV Fitter
The HGV Fitter is responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of the Company fleet. The successful candidate will work 10 hour shifts (Monday-Friday).
The shift patterns consists of either working 10:00am – 8:00pm or 12:00pm – 10:00pm.
Our client is keen to encourage applications from ex-military personnel however, candidates from all backgrounds with relevant experience will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work safely, following all relevant risk assessments and method statement instructions
- Work diligently to promptly become familiar with the mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems of commercial vehicles
- Prepare vehicles for MOT to a high standard, minimising risk of test failure
- Carry out planned maintenance to a high standard on a mixed fleet of commercial vehicles
- Diagnose and repair defective electrical hydraulic and mechanical parts and equipment on commercial vehicles promptly, safely and efficiently
- Carry out basic welding
- Complete all associated paperwork promptly and efficiently
- Attend roadside breakdowns when necessary
- Liaise with and instruct third-party contractors
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy
- Liaise with drivers in order to prioritise repairs and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- MOT preparation
- Vehicle computer Diagnostics
- HGV licence preferable but not essential
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
- Full UK Driving Licence