HGV Class 1 HIAB Driver
MS236 – HGV Class 1 HIAB Driver
Salary: £33,800 per annum + over time rates
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a HGV Class 1 HIAB Driver on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be working on rail infrastructure projects, delivering upgrade & maintenance services to Network Rail. This role is predominantly 7:30 – 16:30, Monday – Friday. There are also weekend & night shifts available.
Applications from ex-military personnel are actively encouraged however, all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and ensure compliance with the company health & safety policy and procedures as applicable to the work carried out.
- Assistance in maintaining the Goods Yard / Operating Centre in a tidy functional state.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of deliveries, acting as banksman or slinger to lorry drivers as required – Training can be provided to the right candidate.
- Operate Telehandler as required – Training can be provided to the right candidate.
- Wear all PPE issued as required depending upon the task and location.
- Undertake LGV driving duties as directed, always driving safely and within the law.
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks and complete all related paperwork, maintain vehicles in a clean roadworthy condition, reporting all faults to the Transport team as soon as they occur.
- Ensure that driving hours and tachometer regulations are adhered to when carrying out driving duties.
Skills & Qualification:
- Full clean UK driving licence for the type of vehicle and/or trailer being driven.
- Full knowledge of European Union drivers’ hours and the working time directive.
- Operating Knowledge of digital and analogue tachograph equipment.
- Competent in the daily & weekly vehicle & crane inspections and the reporting of defects procedures.
- Hold Driver Certificate of Professional Competence.
- Full understanding of payload capacities and the safe loading of vehicles.
- Certified competence in the use of Telehandler.
- Personal Track Safety Certification – Training provided to the right candidate.
- First aid certificate.
- Lift Supervisor qualification.
- 22 Days per year plus bank holidays.
- Company Uniform Provided and all safety equipment.
- Company Van Provided with fuel card.
- Company Phone and Tablet.
- Full Training requirements provided.