HGV 1 Driver (Nights)
MS179 – HGV 1 Driver (Nights)
Salary: £36,289 + Overtime + Bonus
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a HGV 1 Trunker on behalf of one of our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all legislation that is applicable to the operation of the company vehicle, including all driver related matters (hours, speed, etc) are complied with.
- To ensure that all company policies are complied with – in particular those that relate to H&S.
- To ensure the safe and secure loading, transport and delivery of customers goods.
- To ensure that, where possible, all deliveries are completed on time.
- To complete promptly and accurately all relative paperwork.
- To report immediately any breach of security, emergencies or accidents.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the company when visiting customers premises both in appearance (condition of the vehicle, wearing of uniform) and attitude.
- Other operational tasks as directed/requested by operational staff.
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues, including hygiene and damage issues to your manager.
- Completion of necessary process control and quality documented records, in a timely manner (QC checks).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Appropriate HGV1 licence to cover the class of vehicle provided, we would be interested in speaking with candidates who currently possess an HGV 2 licence and would be interested in working towards an HGV 1 licence.
- Knowledge and ability to work within the parameters set by the ICON process.
- The ability to deal with all required paperwork.
- Basic PC literacy.
- Physically capable of undertaking the work required.
- Physically capable of undertaking the work required after any reasonable adjustments have been made in the case of an individual with a disability.
- Ability to work and complete tasks to set deadlines with a minimum of supervision.