Health and Safety Manager
MM564 – Health and Safety Manager
Location – Stoke on Trent
Salary – £40000 – £45000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team in Stoke on Trent.
You will oversee all aspects of H&S management of a shopping centre and work closely with senior management to ensure that the centre and all the tenants are compliant with legislation.
Essential duties will include:
- Undertaking annual H&S risk assessments.
- Undertaking annual fire risk assessments.
- Undertaking bi annual fire drills.
- Maintaining H&S records and files.
- Managing insurance claims
- Ensuring tenants compliance with H&S legislation
- Ensuring contractors compliance with H&S legislation
- Report writing
- Document control
- Authorise site works in collaboration with the surveyor
- Site inspections re: specific works or feedback regarding particular issues
- Attending occupier meetings
- Arrange compliance with void insurance obligations
The ideal candidate must have:
- Proven experience in similar environment
- Proven experience in production of processes and procedures for Management systems that meet ISO requirements such 14001, 45001, 9001 & 22301.
- Proven experience in undertaking general risk assessments
- Proven experience in undertaking fire risk assessments
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of communicating at all levels, verbally and written.
- Essential to have a IOSH Managing Safely and IOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management (or equivalent) or A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent).
- Desirable to have Environmental Diploma (or equivalent)
In return our client offers
- £40000 – £45000
- An opportunity to be part of a company who is committed to engaging with and developing all employees.
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing organisation, providing both personal and career development opportunities
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a birthday holiday
- Stakeholder Pension
- Life Cover x3 of annual salary
- Health Cover
- Gym Membership
- Personal Development