Head of Site Operations
MS187 – Head of Site Operations
Salary: £48,000 per Annum + flat on site
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Chief Porter.
To be responsible for the security, cleaning, soft facilities management and other related services for the company and ensure they are delivered to the highest standards.
This post is a live-in position where a large 2-bedroom flat accommodation is provided on site.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage and be responsible for the control and conduct of day-to-day security within the company and its precinct.
- To ensure that all staff are rostered properly to provide adequate cover at all times, including special and commercial functions.
- To ensure staff are trained, as appropriate for their role.
- To manage the work and the staff in the team effectively and efficiently, ensuring that they work in line with the company’s values.
- To regularly inspect the buildings and grounds and arrange for any security and cleaning issues to be promptly and constructively resolved.
- To provide out of hours emergency cover when required, liaising with the company’s Executive team, tenants and contractors to promptly resolve any issues on site.
- To ensure that the company’s CCTV & AI, network, user equipment and software is maintained and up to date.
- To ensure the correct use of and maintain the company’s access control, intruder alarm and biometric key management systems.
- To liaise with the local Police, Counter Terror Team and VIP Protection Officers where appropriate.
- To manage soft FM contracts and services across the estate including, post, stationery, secure document disposal, cleaning, waste and recycling, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and value for money.
- To supervise, in conjunction with the Estates Office, the work of contractors working within the company as it affects security and general operations.
- To undertake an active role in maintaining a safe and pro-active health and safety culture at the company by arranging training as may be required for First Aiders and Fire Wardens including Fire Walks.
- Liaising with Departments regarding risk assessments, COSHH assessments and Fire Assessments.
- Ensuring that the company complies with current Fire regulations, arranging and recording all fire drills for all properties.
- To be responsible for car parking arrangements including waiting lists, the issue and control of annual /casual parking permits and permits for contractors and skips.
- To ensure the student accommodation is cleaned and appropriately equipped, liaising with the students where appropriate and organise in/out inventories out when students arrive /depart.
- To work as part of the company’s filming team, enabling productions to take place as contractually agreed. When required act as the Point of Contact for all filming matters on days the shoots take place.
- To ensure that all money received at the gatehouse for permits, tickets, Chapel collections, and ancillary sales are securely held and banked, and the requisite accounts maintained.
- To ensure all contracts and essential documents are safely stored and can be retrieved promptly where necessary.
- To undertake such self-development and training pertinent to the post as may be required.
- To attend occasionally meetings of the Committees and provide reports as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years in a managerial role with responsibility for hiring and performance management.
- Experience of working in a complex environment, with a customer service element.
- Excellent written and verbal communication which can be presented effectively both verbally and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Good numeracy skills, budget and contract management, and ideally with experience of cash handling.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, developing productive relationships with a positive attitude, as well as working on their own initiative.
- Prepared to work flexibly and support team members to meet business operational needs and to live on site.
- Can apply a common-sense approach to handling issues and/or resolving problems.
- Ability to