Head of Occupational Safety, Health, Environment
JS246 – Head of Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Facilities
Location : Farnborough
Salary: £competitive + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are excited to be recruiting for Head of Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Facilities. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working in the aviation industry.
Our client is keen to receive applications from former service personnel, however all qualified candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Actively champion and lead a proactive Occupational Health, Safety and Environment culture across Europe, UK and C.I.’s business divisions.
- Maintain oversight and ensure compliance with relevant Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental and Facilities legislation and requirements across all Europe, UK and C.Is business divisions.
- Maintain ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001: 2018 certification and lead the continuous improvement agenda.
- Manage the Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities plan.
- Manage budgets to ensure that the businesses receive optimum service from the Department.
- Facilitate Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities hazard identification, risk assessments and supporting mitigation/ documentation ensuring that the Company is compliant with relevant compliance obligations.
- Lead and contribute to the development of a variety of relevant I.T. programmes.
- Manage and contribute to the Audit program and subsequent related Findings and Improvements, including ensuring appropriate Preventative and Corrective Actions are implemented and effective.
- Support the Managing Directors and their respective management teams on the implementation of effective Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Facilities processes.
- Manage hazard and occurrence reports and lead/ support investigations.
- Manage the Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities team allocating responsibilities as appropriate.
- Carry out reasonable ad-hoc assignments as required.
Skills & Experience :
- Chartered membership of IOSH.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities.
- Previous managerial experience in OSH, Environment or Facilities.
- Experience and knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001: 2018.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent level of qualification.
- Experienced auditor.
- Experienced in incident investigation.
- Proven ability to plan their workload whilst adhering to defined timescales with minimal supervision.
- To be able to identify and work towards Continuous Improvement.
- Excellent organisational, communication and IT skills.
- To manage and lead a small team, ability to delegate and be an active team member.
- Aviation/ Engineering experience is advantageous.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits