JA953– Head/Executive Chef
Location – Blackpool
Salary – DOE
We are currently recruiting for a Head/Executive Chef for our client to run 2 busy kitchens in a promenade venue in Blackpool.
The successful candidate must have strong team leadership, coaching/management, standards of service, compliance, creativity, and menu design.
Brigade of approximately 11 currently. There will be a supportive team structure around the incoming team member and looking to work with a dedicated team to invest into the business and create a new ‘standards improvement’ project and company culture.
- You would have a deep understanding of how to run a busy kitchen operation and strive to deliver only the very best service standards, cleanliness, and professionalism. You would be a transformational leader focused on developing and building a strong team who buy into our overall culture, company processes and mission.
- All kitchen KPIs would be fully understood by you and the sous chef as well making them known to junior chefs. You would use your creativity to continue to develop the brand’s profile by continually raising the bar with food standards and menu development. You would love to learn more and use that knowledge to continually train and educate your team to deliver a professional and “FUN” dining experience for all ages.
- You would strive to deliver operational excellence across the kitchen operations ensuring our service standards, cleanliness and due diligence is carried out each week using checklists, stock reports and weekly audits. You would live and breathe Viva´s core values and lead by example to create a positive team culture that empowers the team to think for themselves and go above and beyond to WOW our guests.
- You would be process & procedure lead to help automate and streamline the kitchen operations to maximise profitability, yield and team performance. This would include weekly tracking and reporting on your KPIs, forecasting labour, creating team training plans and forward planning to look for new ways to improve and grow the business.
- All your management daily duties and monthly tasks would be carried out by you or the sous chef successfully including rotas, team briefings, team meetings, stock reports, open / close checklists, deep cleans and weekly orders.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train, and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Bonus Scheme
- Loyalty Bonus
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- We are encouraging the use of masks in face-to-face contact areas, supplying sanitizer and regular venue cleaning.
- Tell us about the last time you said ‘wow’ during a visit to a restaurant (in a positive way), and what was it that made that visit an exceptional and memorable experience for you?