Ground Handler/ Hanger Assistant
MM548 – Ground Handler/Hanger Assistant
Location – Bournemouth
Salary – Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Ground Hander/Hanger Assistant to join their team in Bournemouth.
The Ground Handler / Hangar assistant role is an integral part of the engineering and maintenance team structure, ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the company’s business activities. The role is responsible for the safe ground handling operation of company and third-party aircraft and maintaining the safe operation of the hangar.
The Ground Handler is principally responsible for the following tasks as directed by the Supervisor:
- Comply with the processes, policies and procedures incorporated in the Ground Handling Procedures Manual to handle company and third-party aircraft.
- Complete aircraft towing operations.
- Assist with aircraft refueling operations.
- Maintain required records in relation to ground handling operations.
- Assist with the loading/unloading of patients to air ambulance aircraft.
- Escort Ambulances on site as required.
- Facilitate security escorting of contractors as required.
- Act as duty First Aider and Fire Marshall.
- All other duties as reasonably requested by line management/supervisors..
- Apron FOD checks.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including management.
- A passion for service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience of working in an airport ramp environment, preferably with experience of towing aircraft and driving HGV type vehicles is desirable.
- An efficient and organised personality.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and self-develop.
- Basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to exercise time management to fulfill the role as directed.
- Must hold a valid UK Driving Licence and have access to their own vehicle.
- Must meet the requirements to hold a valid Airside Security Pass and Airside Driving Licence.
- Physically fit and able to work day and night shifts.
In return, our client offers
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits package including
- 23 Days hols plus Stats
- After 2 years 24 plus stats and
- after 5 years 25 plus stats
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership (corporate membership)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Vantage cards
- Personal Development
- Promotional Opportunities
- Travel Insurance