A363 – General Labourer
Salary: £20,000 to £26,000
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a General Labourer.
Based at a New/Used Equipment Prep Centre you will carry out general labourer’s duties, including general warehouse, workshop and yard housekeeping tasks.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work safely and in accordance with the company Health and Safety policy standards.
- To always portray a good image of both yourself and the company, always wearing the company uniform where issued.
- To have overall responsibility for the yard and warehouse spaces on a day-to-day basis.
- To ensure the yard, warehouse and mezzanine are kept clean and tidy.
- To carry out visual inspections of all trucks being received at the New Equipment Prep Centre and complete Goods Receiving Notification (GRN) documentation in line with both the companies’ procedures and ISO accreditation.
- To identify any damage to either trucks or goods being received and notifying the workshop manager accordingly.
- To carry out the safe unloading/loading of trucks or goods from both internal and external transport vehicles.
- To ensure all trucks and goods are stored on site safely and in a way to optimise space utilisation.
- To ensure all trucks or goods loaded for despatch are complete and are as per the collection documentation.
- To work with the workshop manager and workshop supervisor to ensure trucks and any ancillary equipment are made available for the PDI team or third-party contractors in advance of them being required.
- To receive PDI completed trucks from the workshop team, park them in a safe place in the warehouse and mark them as ‘Ready, awaiting collection’
- As and where required, assist members of the workshop team with truck or ancillary equipment movements or installations.
- To carry out a monthly stock count and assist the workshop manager with any stock discrepancies.
- To carry out weekly walk round inspections of the warehouse and yard completing the relevant weekly check sheets.
- To ensure any defects found with the building or equipment are reported immediately to the workshop manager.
- To perform any general building maintenance which may include decorating some areas from time to time.
- To participate in any training deemed necessary by the company.
- As and when required, show new employees (including apprentices) the goods receiving process and assist them with product familiarisation across the range of products.
- To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full UK driving licence.
- Forklift licence (training can be given).
- Physically fit.
Salary: £20,000 to £26,000