General Foreman (Tunnelling Project)
JS278 – General Foreman (Tunnelling Project)
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are pleased to be supporting one of our key clients in the recruitment of General Forman with significant tunnelling experience for a major Civils project in South London.
The role will include the supervision and management of the onsite activities for the tunnelling operations and assist in the efficient delivery and positive performance of the project.
Our client encourages applications from former service personnel, however all qualified candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Be a visible and notable leader of the Tunnelling crew, direct and monitor that works is performed at the highest of standards providing best for project outcomes at all times.
- Coordinate, assign and supervise tunnelling works and assist in solving problems encountered on the project; refer to plans for guidance in directing construction.
- Ensure the proper allocation and operating condition of equipment and the availability of adequate construction materials, equipment and tools on site.
- Work with the Project Team to ensure the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environmental care are met and provide them with such information as is necessary to allow them to meet all statutory and legal requirements.
- Manage, order and co-ordinate the delivery, storage and maintenance of all materials, plant and equipment on site.
- Allocation and monitoring of labour force, direct and indirect teams.
- Observe workmanship of the tunnelling activity to determine potential quality control issues and apply necessary corrections to ensure tunnelling works are executed to the highest of standards.
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximising progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Review and adhere to construction schedules, ensuring milestone and completion dates are met.
- Accurately complete shift reports as well as production, maintenance and safety recordkeeping.
- Keep detailed record of works undertaken and any variations for that work in enough detail to allow the commercial department to recover costs incurred.
- Coordinate with Engineers and Package Manager to plan sequence of activities with a minimum 3 to 6th schedule planning.
- Inspects work performed by subcontractors to ensure conformance with safety standards and technical specifications.
- Conduct daily briefing with the Team, explaining details of the activities and mentor less experienced foreman and crew members.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
- Direct, coach and support site teams (including subcontractors) on all tunnelling related activity to meet Contractual Obligations and achieve production targets.
- Lead regular site inspections in conjunction with appropriate management to ensure that the works are constructed correctly and safely in conformance with Codes of Practice, Method statements and risk assessments, providing reports to Senior Management and monitoring actions taken as a result.
- Supervise operatives/subcontractors and site activities, ensuring competence to perform required works.
- Confirmation of attendance and overtime recoding for operatives/subcontractors under their supervision.
- Ensure that all project personnel have the necessary experience, training and knowledge to carry out the duties allocated to them and recommend necessary training to Package Manager and HR Manager.
- Ensure risk assessment are undertaken for every activity and that safe system of work are developed, maintained and communicated to all personnel undertaking the activity.
- Stop operations considered unsafe, damaging to the environment or compromising quality.
Skills and Experience :
- 20 years’ experience in tunnelling activities in the UK Market.
- Past position of either General, Foreman, Superintendent or Works Manager on a Tunnel Project Greater £200million.
- Preferable experience in either operating TBM’s or Ring Building.
- Knowledge of both EPM and Wedge Block tunnelling techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of working on smaller diameter tunnels.
- Experience of constructing tunnels greater than 4km in length.
- Extensive construction experience and experience