Front of House Manager
EY3 – Front of House Manager
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Front of House Manager within the automotive industry on behalf of one our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining all reception/customer facing areas and training front of house staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Reception and front of house areas (Main reception area, changing room, briefing room, green area’s/grounds keeping and customer facilities).
- To ensure that the rota is completed by the department manager in a timely manner and complies with both staffing and budgetary requirements.
- To oversee the presentation of facilities to an exceptionally high standard at all times.
- To greet all visitors, in a friendly, polite and professional manner, ensuring they comply with the company procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the computer booking and timing systems.
- To implement and maintain strategies for upselling merchandise and events at every opportunity including follow up on call backs and enquiries as per instructions.
- To liaise with all other managers and department heads at the weekly Events Planning Meeting in order to ensure that customer requirements are met as required.
- To provide administrative support to the General Manager and HR department.
- To ensure that all paperwork relating to new staff members is completed correctly and forwarded to HR within the correct timescales.
- To provide training and induction to all new and existing reception staff whilst developing training to fit the needs of the business in conjunction with the General Manager and HR department.
- To carry out regular reviews for new recruits and appraisals for existing staff in conjunction with the General Manager and HR department.
- To ensure all reception staff absences, sickness and annual leave is monitored and recorded and report any such leave directly to the HR department.
- To oversee & assist in the smooth running of the reception catering functions including buying, preparation, storage and service. To work closely with the GM to code correctly purchase orders to profit centres, and then to invoices raised.
- To ensure that at all times the job holder has a full awareness of the company’s customer care goals and to use their best endeavours to ensure they are implemented through their own actions and attitude by, for example, entering into the team spirit, having a polite and friendly manner and anticipating visitors’ requirements.
- To build and maintain relationships with all venue suppliers and to ensure the best possible price at all times.
- Working with the department managers to oversee and assist with the maintenance of the venue
- To assist the Sales Team as and when necessary taking calls both in reception and the sales office.
- To consistently maintain & improve a professional and memorable experience for our customers at all times.
- To quickly learn and practice the Company’s Policies & Procedures and ensure compliance at all times.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Experience within a customer service team environment.
- Experience of outdoor work – preferred.
- Experience of marshalling techniques – preferred.
- An eye for detail.
- Highly confident manner.
- Experience in a team management position.
- First Aid at work certificate – preferred.
- Computer Literate with knowledge of MS Office.