AL458: FM Technician
Location: North London
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an FM Technician on behalf of one of our clients.
All Technicians are expected to work in partnership with the estate team to provide the highest level of operational service and performance.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Diagnosing mechanical and electrical issues and correcting them.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- Check functionality of safety systems e.g. fire alarm.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- To respond to all maintenance requests in order of priority.
- Perform planned preventative maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when external assistance repairs are necessary.
- Install appliances and equipment.
- Perform minor fixes, as instructed by the FM Supervisors / Chief Engineer.
- Report to FM Management issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress using appropriate systems.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in all areas where work is being conducted including workshop and plant room areas.
- Stock taking and inventories.
- Acceptance and movement of deliveries.
- Operate in a Spa environment.
- Pool and pond maintenance and upkeep.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the FM Management team or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice.
- To wear appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Acts as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your workplace.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff or visitors are reported in accordance with correct procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for your department.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
- To attend all training courses as and when required.
- Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Must be flexible with working days/hours
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Languages would be helpful.
- Total discretion is required by the principals at all times.
- This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level.
- A uniform will be provided.
Location: North London