Fire & Security Systems Service Engineer
JA1071 – Field Service Engineer – Fire & Security Systems
Location – Aberdeen
Salary – Highly Competitive
We are recruiting currently for a Multi-skilled Field Service Engineer with strong skills and knowledge within the Fire & Security industry. The Field Service Engineer will work as part of a strong team to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Fire & Security Systems. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will have a fire & security engineering background and be able to provide supporting proof of qualifications/training.
OUR CLIENT IS CURRENTLY CARRYING OUT A SALARY REVIEW AND WILL BE PAYING “MARKET LEADING” SALARIES GOING FORWARD.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure on-site Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Fire & Security Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent)
- Strong Fire & CCTV systems skills and knowledge
- Health and Safety Training
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
- Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
- Experience in IT & Networking
- Supervisory experience for future development