Fire Alarm Engineer
JA943 – Fire Alarm Engineer
Salary – OTE £40K+
We are currently recruiting for a Field-based Fire Systems Engineer to cover a geographical area around Edinburgh and the Borders. The main goal of this role is to carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products. As a Fire Systems Engineer your work is essential, keeping our customer sites safe and secure, whilst maintaining client’s reputation and profitability.
Our client is keen to take on Ex-Military personnel with transferable electrical or electronic skills and experience looking to start a new career.
- You will carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company’s qualitative standards
- You will identify and following through sales opportunities within area of responsibility
- Where required, you will plan and organize own work programme to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and organized way
- Shares technical and problem-solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team
- Fully understand and comply with any site-specific H & S requirements and/or training relevant to a site being worked on
Skills & Experience
- A recognized Electrical or Electronic qualification and experience of installation or servicing of Fire alarm and Emergency lighting systems.
- Approved Electrician and/or City & Guilds 236 Pt 1 and 2 in Electrical Installation and maintenance or equivalent desirable
- The ability to read prepared plans and technical sketches, service and repair systems in accordance with information provided, and record changes to and the location of equipment on the installation drawings and the O & M manual
- Must be able and willing to participate in out of hour’s standby and call out rota
- A confident and professional manner in front of customers
- Current UK driving licence
- On top of your base salary, you will be paid 10% of the value of all work undertaken which means you are earning extra every minute that you are working. This gives you a great earning potential of £40K+.
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays