DC238 – Finance Manager
Location – Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Salary – circa £28000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Finance Manager to join their team in Ashbourne.
The Finance Manager will oversee end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up. The successful candidate must have strong customer relationship skills, excellent organisational skills, and a willingness to provide a consistent and professional service at all times whilst working as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- VAT processing and procedures.
- Payment allocation.
- Using accounting software, ensuring that the records abide by financial regulations.
- Providing financial data or reporting to management.
- Checking for financial irregularities, data entry errors and potential fraud.
- Checking incoming and outgoing payments for accuracy.
- Compiling reports on sales, expenditure, marketing and other accounting activity for senior management.
- Process timesheets and wages monthly.
- Keep message book updated on Suppliers.
- Prioritise, allocate and coordinate tasks effectively.
- Always portraying the company in a professional manner.
- Ensure that the Company Policies are properly adhered to.
- Undertaking any other duties as requested and agreed by the senior management.
Essential Skills Required:
- The ability to prioritise your workload, meet deadlines and be proactive in your daily approach.
- Be flexible with a strong sense of professionalism.
- Able to deal with all matters and queries in an appropriate manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Be an effective team member.
You must also be capable of:
- Driving the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, payments and similar accounting entries.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Completing daily and monthly bank reconciliations and reconciling accounting data to ensure accuracy.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the Management Team.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
- You will have a relevant qualification in accountancy.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Experience of accounting software.
- Excel and modelling.
- Creating statutory accounts.
- Ability to delegate and manage the work of others.
- Ability to work under pressure.
In return our client offers:
- Salary of circa £28000 DOE.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Company contributions to pension.
- Rural location with onsite parking.
- Fantastic working environment.