Finance and Payroll Assistant (Maternity Cover)
FC67 – Finance and Payroll Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Location – Rainham
Salary – £Competitive DOE + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client- a market leader in bespoke gifting solutions- to recruit a Finance and Payroll Assistant to cover maternity leave on a 12-month contract.
The Finance and Payroll Assistant will be working within the finance department, ensuring suppliers and customers are managed effectively and all banking is reconciled.
They will communicate well to manage supplier and customer expectations and to ensure all purchasing costs and revenues are processed in a timely fashion. They will also cross check and ensure payroll data is collated and run accurately and in a timely manner every 4 weeks.
There is an opportunity to request up to two days working from home per week, However, because of the need to collaborate you will be required to work in the office ion Rainham for at least a few days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all supplier purchase invoices and credit notes.
- Match supplier delivery notes to invoices where applicable.
- Resolve supplier invoice queries.
- Process supplier payment runs twice a month and process any payments that are made outside of these runs.
- PAYE processing by the relevant deadline each month
- Process and pay all staff expense and mileage forms properly accounting for VAT of all items.
- Process staff credit card statements ensuring all receipts reconcile and post using relevant VAT rate.
- Maintain supplier accounts and set up any new suppliers on computer system.
- Reconcile and track supplier statements on a monthly basis and raise queries where necessary.
- Process all sales ledger remittances.
- Send monthly customer statements.
- Process cashbook transactions across multiple accounts.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Process & reconcile petty cash transactions and post monthly journals where necessary
- Ensuring Finance Director is aware of all matters that may impact cashflow.
- Each month liaise with the payroll bureau to ensure four weekly salaries are processed correctly using Timekeeper system and dealing with any staff queries.
- Update Timekeeper system on a daily basis for any changes in shift patterns, new employees and leavers.
- Reconcile the weekly invoices from Contract staff agency to Timekeeper.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Maintain annual leave and other absences using Breathe and spreadsheets.
- Assist, when required, with SEDEX audit and others, at Ely site.
- Ensure admin tasks such as filing and archiving are completed regularly.
- Visiting site in Ely as and when may be required.
- Assist other members of the finance team as required.
- Look for any health & safety concerns & immediately report any matter to a Director.
- Escalate any areas of concern to your line manager.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Skills and Experience:
- GCSE Maths and English, C or above (essential).
- Competent Excel user (essential).
- Authorisation to work in the UK (essential).
- AAT qualified or working towards (preferred).
- Accounting software, Pegasus Opera/Opera, SAP (preferred).
- Ability to prioritise & manage high volumes of work, excellent organizational skills & time management.
- Ability to meet monthly reporting deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong team player.
- Good communication skills both in-house & with external parties.
- Highly self-motivated, confident & enthusiastic.
- Proactive, creative & innovative within area of responsibility.
- Adaptable & flexible to cope with the changing needs of the business.
- Determination for “right-first-time” processes & resolve to understand breakdown/ failure, root cause & prevent recurrence.
- Strong problem-solving skills & questioning nature.
- Driven, exceeds goals, handles pressure, anticipates & removes barriers.
- Committed to improvement, works to strengths & overcomes weaknesses, seeks & accepts feedback, seeks & accepts challenges.
- Smart & presentable appearance, pa