Field Service Engineer (Emissions)
AR356 – Field Service Engineer (Emissions)
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out customer support activities of the company, to install, commission, service, maintain and repair items sold, leased, or hired by performing the following duties.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out repairs, routine service & testing of air quality monitoring systems / instrument’s at customer sites, both UK and overseas.
- Carries out repairs, service & calibration of industrial and Ambient equipment sold or hired in the UK & Overseas
- Update and keep customers informed regarding the status of any instruments being repaired offsite.
- Update team managers / supervisors on the status of company clients in the Area, and assist in problem resolutions etc.
- Perform customer training sessions in the use of the equipment and software at the company premises and customer sites. (UK and Overseas when required)
- Assist in final testing and installation of new system builds, and carry out any customer factory tests.
- Assist’s the production team in the design / build & installation of new systems when required.
- Provide technical assistance in introducing and implementing new products to the market.
- Supervises the work of trainees or apprentices allocated to the department, when required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Passes at GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications, IELTS is acceptable)
- City and Guilds 2079
- (BTec) HNC in Electronics or Mechanical engineering desirable.
- (BTec) ONC in similar disciplines acceptable.
- Engineering experience or approved apprenticeship in an engineering background.
- Experience in the servicing and commissioning of instrumentation.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Hands on experience of electronics, fault-finding, pneumatic installations and repair.
- Use of test equipment and knowledge of various instrumentation is desirable.
- Ability to manage region with minimum support from head office.