Field Service Engineer
JA795 – Technical Support Engineer
Location – S/W London
Salary – £Competitive plus Overtime
We are recruiting currently for a Field Service Engineer for our clients Technical Customer Services Business. The successful Field Service Engineer will be field based covering a designated area and report to the Engineering Manager. The Field Service Engineer would be responsible for planned, preventative maintenance and breakdown repair of chemical dosing equipment. Experience in the industry would be an advantage but good mechanical and technical engineering skills on catering equipment with an electrical qualification would be advantageous. The company will provide a vehicle, laptop and mobile phone to allow you to carry out your duties. You will be responsible for all the customers in your region and this will require you to be flexible in your approach to your working day as access times may be restricted. There may be a need to attend emergency call outs outside of normal hours and at weekends.
- To provide high quality technical and service support, both to Regional and National Customers.
- To undertake new site installations / refurbishments.
- To deliver on-site training to customers in respect of new installations.
- To resolve technical issues with equipment at Customers sites.
- To recommend to customer’s chemicals which complement existing range, and be able to articulate the benefits of these products.
- Correctly and safely install the complete range of the Company’s Core Equipment.
- Repair and maintenance of company equipment.
- Training of end user in correct and safe use of dosing equipment, including loading and unloading of product containers and use of correct PPE.
- Provide telephone technical helpdesk support where required to internal/external customers.
- Attend training courses as required maintaining relevant qualifications necessary for carrying out the job.
- Attend engineering and sales meetings as required.
Skills and Experience
- Technical/engineering experience.
- Experience in water regulations and plumbing.
- COSHH or equivalent trained.
- IT literate – Technical Programmes.
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
- Electrical Safety Trained C&G 2360 part 1&2 or equivalent test & inspection.