Facilities Technician – Weekends
JA770 – Facilities Technician – Janitor – weekends
Location – Lesmahagow – South Lanarkshire
Salary – £Competitive
Shifts – 20.5 Hours over Saturday & Sunday
We are currently recruiting for a weekend Facilities Technician (Janitor) to join our client’s team in South Lanarkshire. The successful Facilities Technician will undertake work or direct work allocated by the Operations Supervisor / Facilities Manager within set timescales and to a high quality. Also ensure facility is compliant and fully operational. Provide a proactive and efficient service to internal and external customers. This role can require the successful candidate to work in any school within the South Lanarkshire Council Area. Due to the shifts the successful candidate will need to drive and have access to their own vehicle.
- Comply with Company procedures
- Open and close school in accordance with required school occupancy times.
- Carry out internal and external checks of building and report faults to Help Desk such as damaged tiles, leaks etc.
- Carry out non-specialist repairs
- Ensure subcontractors carry out tasks as per accepted RAMS
- Ensure sub contractors remove all generated waste from site and leave work area clean and tidy
- Ensure Waste Transfer Notes are completed and filed where required
- To be trained as an Authorised Person and to issue Permits to Work where required
- Ensure all visitors sign in and out of site and to include control of keys
- Ensure Site Induction has been carried out for all contractors and visitors
- Ensure Risk Assessments/Method Statements are reviewed for work being carried out
- Ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard before signing Field Report/Completing off job.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn or used and is kept in good condition
- Ensure Reporting Log is updated and sent to Help Desk with Field Report (if applicable)
- Ensure that PPM tasks are carried out and completed within the timescales
- Ensure compliance to L8 water hygiene standards
- Ensure the operation of the school is compliant at all times.
- Ensure all objectives meet the client’s expectations.
- Update daily alarm activation report (If Any) and send to Helpdesk along with Securitas reports.
- Carry out Self Reporting Tasks and update log sheet
- Adopt a proactive approach to refresh decoration needs.
- Carry out external low-level power washing of building and main entrances (as and when required)
- Monitoring and updating of the statutory folders
- Ensure Plant Room / Switch Room clean and tidy
- Operation of CCTV as required and in accordance with the CCTV Guidance Policy Document
- Undertake Grounds Maintenance Audits monthly
- To be flexible and cover all schools as and when required if necessary
- If acting in Mobile Role participate in the on-call rota to include issuing of Permits to Work if required
- Where agreed with Facilities Manager deputise for Operations Supervisors during periods of absence
- Assist Facilities Manager / Operations Supervisors with any other required duties
Skills and Experience
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to understand and react to financial penalties.
- IT literate.
- UK Driving Licence and own vehicle (due to shifts and the possibility of cover multiple locations)