Fabrication and Welding Instructor
DC297 – Fabrication and Welding Instructor
Location – Rochdale
Salary – £24,000 to £25,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Fabrication and Welding Instructor to join their Engineering Workshop in Rochdale.
Our client specialises in Engineering and the training of young Apprentices across Greater Manchester. They work with all levels of learners and a wide range of companies throughout the North West.
The Instructor will teach and assess learners in the Fabrication and Welding Department to help them develop their trade skills and knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To train and assess learners in all aspects required to achieve the Fabrication and Welding units within the Engineering Operations (Skills) qualification.
- To teach and assess specialist units in the City & Guilds Fabrication and Welding qualification. This includes maintaining discipline, safe working practises, communication skills and how to work efficiently and effectively.
- To complete awarding body documentation.
- To encourage the learners until they are 100% confident in every task.
- To promote Equality and Diversity and British Values.
- To be committed to the Safeguarding/Prevent and welfare of all learners.
- Maintain and develop innovative training materials and methods.
- Embed Functional Skills.
- Use the e-portfolio system and to contribute to the Company’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- To establish a working system for the learners.
- To facilitate learners to achieve Level 2 and 3 or City & Guilds successfully. This includes extra exercises so the learners can become more confident and knowledgeable while working towards their assessment jobs.
- Develop learning resources.
- Embed the delivery of Maths and English skills.
- To supervise all learners in the Fabrication and Welding Department, and undertake supervisory duties throughout the workshop.
- To maintain plant and machinery where practicable.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role (preferred).
- An Engineering Apprenticeship.
- A Fabrication and Welding up-to-date occupational competency.